Monday, October 25, 2010

Art Depth - Open Figure Drawing


Open drawing studios are always exciting. Last week I went to an open figure drawing event called Art Depth. It was nice, albeit being late on a weeknight. There were four models who would hold nursery rhyme-themed poses for at minimum 15 minutes. I enjoyed the dynamic of a whole room sketching the same models from all different angles, as I have not drawn like that since school. There was also an option to shoot photos with the models if you did not wanth to sketch.
The nursery rhymes.

Here are my sketches, slightly NSFW (figure drawing). The first three are 15-minute sketches, & the last one is a 20-minute drawing.





Songs:

Yeah, But I Can Rhyme Though - Homeboy Sandman (YouTube)

Peter's Painful Puns - Wait Wait Don't Tell Me (NPR)

No comments:

Post a Comment