Saturday, August 14, 2010

An Ode to Wood Grain

My favorite pattern is wood grain. It's a really relaxing, organic pattern to work with, & I often end up sketching it. Here's a collection of some of my past wood-patterned pieces, & my fascination with dendrochronology.

Door, 2007. Wood, Wire, Bulbs, Paper, Pen & Ink.

Door (Detail), 2007. Wood, Wire, Bulbs, Paper, Pen & Ink.

Scarf, 2008. Dye on Silk.

Stump, 2009. Fabric, EL Wire, Metal.

Piano Hands, 2004. Colored Pencil.

Bricks (Detail), 2007. Paper.

Sketches, 2010. Pen & Ink.
You can also purchase a print of this on my Etsy!

Sketchbook Notes, 2008. Pen & Ink.

The Honeoye Canoe, 2008. Digital Photo.


Songs (YouTube):

Woodgrain - Modest Mouse

Woodgrain - Wilco

Woods- Bon Iver

Ragged Wood - Fleet Foxes

1 comment:

  1. Wood - my favorite material! Natural, maleable into endless wonderful, beautiful objects, tools, canoes, etc.!

    ReplyDelete