Thursday, February 12, 2009

Illuminating Ideas


Hello, My name is Carolyn. I am an art student getting ready for Senior Shows (!) at Alfred University. I like neon, drawing, photography, and puns. I also have a website, www.carolynkassnoff.com, but wanted a way to show the in-between stages of work. That's my favorite part of art school, seeing final finished pieces, but knowing the process of making these things.

I'm taking a Judaism & Islam class and it got me thinking about how light is an important part of so many different cultures. Light is constantly used as a symbol for knowledge or understanding, hope and guidance, among other things. I'd like to learn about different meanings of it.

Right now, I'm working on bioluminescent creatures like anglerfish, starfish, and jellyfish. They are pretty fantastic creatures. More details to follow.

Yay first art-blog post!

No comments:

Post a Comment